Did you mean: 

Netgear MR6110 no longer working as intended

nglcour
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Since the untested firmware update pushed itself onto my MR6110 it appears I no longer can get a mobile connection.  There is no reverting back to previous firmware, meaning I'm stuck.

The SIM card works on fine other mobile devices, just after the firmware update it stopped working.  Since I'm paying for this device what are my options?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36426 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Check the Netgear update has not zapped something the SIM needs, like the Data APN @nglcour.

Message 2 of 9

nglcour
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for coming back to me, that's the first thing I checked, notice that t-mobile was listed on there (random), the EE one showed up fine (which I also use along with o2), double checked the APN settings, did it manually but same issue, no card is working.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144956 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@nglcour 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/device-repairs

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

pgn
  • 36426 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

In addition to the O2 troubleshooter shared above, this advice, perhaps a little dated, may help:

https://www.overclockers.com/forums/threads/dangers-of-updating-netgear-router-firmware-for-netgear-...

Google truly is your friend here - and some patience waiting for reboots to complete.

Message 5 of 9

nglcour
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, this would have been great if Netgear kept all firmware on their site but have, for some bizarre reason, decided to wipe all of their data.

Message 6 of 9

pgn
  • 36426 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Midnight
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just spent a couple of hours trying to resolve it. We had the opposite issue with an EE sim not working, but a 3 and O2 sim worked fine. 

Solution was to add a secondary APN (default is 'btinernet.bt.com', secondary is 'everywhere'), set the connection to 4G only, change to a different APN (default --> secondary) and it started working. Then we changed it from 4G to 4G+5G and then back to the default APN.

I'm not sure if it's going to work the same with an O2 sim, but when we tested it with an O2 and 3 sim, we had it set to 4G+5G connection types only, so might be worth a shot.

My theory is that it's caused by the recent removal of 3G.

Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6280 Posts
  • 111 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@nglcour 

@Midnight 

Netgear do have a fairly active community forum :-

English - NETGEAR Communities

https://community.netgear.com/t5/English/ct-p/English

Please remember to mention on any post that you are in the UK. 

Message 9 of 9