cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My husband cannot make a call to my new phone.

ajKidd7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My husband cannot make a call to my new phone, he gets the message line busy when its not.

His number is not blocked on my handset. All other calls and his WhatsApp calls and texts go through. I can call him.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93891 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 7

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

WhatsApp is just an internet-app like Facebook, BBC News etc - all this proves is your phone has a working internet connection.

What is the significance of your mentioning your husband can't call your "new" phone - is this only a problem on a new phone, but he can call your old phone? Have you used the same SIM in your new phone compared with your old phone?

Also confirm that SMS texts arrive OK but calls don't? (Ignore WhatsApp or any other messaging app for this purpose)

Message 3 of 7

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

A few queries here..

1: What is the significance of your "new" phone - presumably you've recently changed phones using the same SIM, and this wasn't a problem with your old phone?

2: WhatsApp is just like any other internet app, usage is data and thus all this proves is you have a working internet connection.

3: Do SMS text messages arrive on your new phone? Test sending to yourself if you're not sure.

Message 4 of 7

ajKidd7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply. I will try to contact them.

Message 5 of 7

ajKidd7
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply. I don't know why I put new phone in as it isn't and neither is his. He could phone me perfectly OK until about two weeks ago when he kept getting the 'line busy' message. 

Same SIM in each phone and SMS works.

Message 6 of 7

ajKidd7
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply.

1. I don't know why I put 'new' in my message as it isn't the case in either phone and we haven't changed SIM cards.

2. Thank you for clarifying.

3. Yes, SMS works OK.

Message 7 of 7