Mobile data not reconnecting unless forced

mtbandrews
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I'm really hoping someone can help me. 

Three weeks ago I upgraded to an iphone 13, and I've noticed that when the mobile data looses signal it doesn't always automatically reconnect, although I can force it to reconnect by turning on and off airplane mode.

I've tried using the chat facility here, and visited my local O2 store. We've hard reset the phone twice now, and have reset the network settings multiple times. Currently on my third SIM swap but the mobile data issue is ongoing and I'm not getting much joy finding an answer. 

Interestingly, I put my SIM into a spare iphone SE and the same issue arose on the spare phone, so I'm pretty sure it's to do with my settings rather than the handset itself.  

Has anyone here experienced this issue before, and if so did you find a resolution you can share please? 

I've been with O2 for many years so this was just a handset upgrade coupled with a new 5G tariff package. Bought from a third party online supplier rather than O2 direct as it was a better deal. I travel all over the UK for work each week so having to turn on and off airplane mode multiple times a day is becoming a bit of a bore! 

Many thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

OlgaL
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

iPhone 13 mini

Message 11 of 23

OlgaL
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 support and guys from o2 store took me through 4 sim swaps and iPhone resets blaming a “faulty sim”

really annoyed and ready to terminate my contract 

Message 12 of 23

mtbandrews
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @madasaf1sh thanks for the tip. I've tried it this morning but it didn't work unfortunately. Any other ideas/tips? 

Must say that it's great that people like you are here trying to help people like me! Much appreciated! 

Message 13 of 23

mtbandrews
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone, still no resolution to this unfortunately and it seems others are having similar issues! Any ideas as to how we can solve this will be greatly received. 

Message 14 of 23

MrJB16
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don’t know what to do anymore. I only upgraded on 15th July so stuck with this now for 2 years 🙄 I’ve had 4 or 5 SIM cards (4g and 5g) and 2 new phones. I’ve been with o2 for years and never had an issue 

Message 15 of 23

timtams89
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having EXACTLY the same issue, also right after an eSIM swap. Tried switching back to two other physical SIMs, still happening. Carries over to a different phone too. One motorway journey is at least a dozen times in and out of airplane mode. If anyone's found a resolution, please update us.

Message 16 of 23

mtbandrews
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, unfortunately mine is also still not resolved. I’ve complained over and over again but without joy. Looks like the ombudsman is going to be my only hope. 

If there are a few of us with this issue maybe a class action could be in order? 

Message 17 of 23

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9122 Posts
  • 209 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@mtbandrews 

I would recommend that you consider trying "Resolver" first :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 18 of 23

mtbandrews
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Oxonian 

ive been in the resolver process for 7 weeks now. Referred to ombudsman next week I believe. All very frustrating but I really am trying to give o2 a chance to resolve this. 

Message 19 of 23

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9122 Posts
  • 209 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@mtbandrews 

That's very fair of you. Good luck going forward and please post a note of the outcome when it is all resolved. 

Message 20 of 23