Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of Coverage / Service Issue

Glibbs0565
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I live in Essex (RM12 area) and for the past few weeks I have had no internet or WIFI coverage in my local area (Romford and Hornchurch).  I called O2 previously and was advised to do a network reset on my phone which did not solve the problem.  I have reached back out to O2 yesterday and was advised that the 5G mast where I live is not working.  I was then placed on a "Keep Me Posted" email chain.  I asked O2 when the 5G mast has been out of service from and when it will be working again.  They could not give me an answer.  I asked for a workaround and was told to go to a different area where I would get coverage - really!  I need to have coverage / service wherever I go, that is what I pay for!  O2 also asked me to let THEM know when the service is up and running again.  Any ideas of a workaround.  Appreciate any help.  Debbie

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149527 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@Glibbs0565 

Check for issues here O2 Service Status

If it's just 5g that's not working you can set your phone to 4g or 3g which may help.

I should also point out that no network will guarantee coverage everywhere, all the time. Faults and upgrades to mast are common and part and parcel of maintaining a service.

All covered in the T&C's https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@Glibbs0565 was dropping down to 4G helpful? 

Message 3 of 3