Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect usage information in my o2 app

Ninja_zxr400
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, is anyone else having issue with the my o2 app showing incorrect usage information. For example my minutes used shows 16hrs and if I make a call lasting 2 minutes it updates to 20 hrs? I’ve spoken to customer services and in their system they are showing the number of minutes used on my account is month is around 30mins, which is about right. This issue is also with my data usage. I’m assuming it’s the database behind the app, as this incorrect data is showing in my o2 app on iOS and android plus in the web portal too. Just wondered if anyone else is having this issue too. Cheers.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125766 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@Ninja_zxr400 

We're just customers like you but it sounds as if you need someone to access your account which can't be done from the forum.

You need  to contact O2.

If you message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help. Or call them on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract)

4445 or 0344 809 0222 (PAYG)

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Ninja_zxr400
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That is the customer service team i spoke too (via 202). They accessed my account and told me my usage and it didnt in any way match to what is being displayed in the app.

Message 3 of 10

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4868 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Ninja_zxr400 ... you're not alone, I'm exactly the same and have given up checking.  Uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times and it makes no difference.   1 text message shows up as 100 and a 2 minute phonecall shows up as lasting several hours.  When my actual bill arrives all is fine so the problem is with the app itself although the web version of my o2 is not too reliable either these days.  I've just given up, there are so many faults with it.

Message 4 of 10

Ninja_zxr400
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for responding. I work in IT and although all pointers point to the app it still concerns me. I’ve done the same uninstalled and reinstalled. It’s the first time I’ve had this happen. I’ll have to wait for the bill to calm my nerves 😊😊😊. At least I’m not alone 😀 . Thanks everso again for responding.

Message 5 of 10

BobM
  • 4868 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Ninja_zxr400 ... Further to the above, just by chance a credit arrived in my account this morning as it does most months.  When this happens everything goes back to zero and stays that way till my next bill comes in.  So right now I have used no data, minutes or texts.  When I call or text it registers zero usage and it'll be that way for the next 2 weeks or so.   I rarely check it now, just kinda given up with it.  

Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 125766 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@Ninja_zxr400 wrote:

That is the customer service team i spoke too (via 202). They accessed my account and told me my usage and it didnt in any way match to what is being displayed in the app.

Yes @Ninja_zxr400 

As @BobM said, there are so many problems with the app, it's about time it was sorted out.

BTW, if you need to contact O2 again, try the social media team. They are based in the UK and tend to be better than call centre staff.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

Ninja_zxr400
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks

Message 8 of 10

Ninja_zxr400
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sounds like they are dealing with the symptoms and not fixing the cause. but then again it’s keeping someone in a job 😀😀.

Message 9 of 10

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7821 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

Mines been crazy for months.

I take no notice of the usage

As for fixing things this  Community platform still have a problem that they told us they were working on 30 months ago!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 10 of 10