Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity of Incoming Calls Not Showing

Simon_W
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have not been receiving caller ID's on incoming calls for over a month now. I made several calls to the helpline with no resolution and they now tell me that this can only be resolved by a Guru, and have directed me here.

I have checked with friends that their caller ID presentation is not set to 'off' and I cannot see their number when they call. The lack of caller ID applies to all calls that I have received for over a month.

Some checking around the internet tells me that this is an issue that can only be resolved by my network provider.

Is there any Guru out there that can help me? I would be very grateful if someone could help.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Simon_W 

No one here can access your account.

You need to get customer service to step up and sort it for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Simon_W
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your prompt reply. On my (fourth [in the last month]) call to customer services today they said that only a Guru could sort this out, that Gurus were unavailable in stores because of the lockdown, and texted me a link to this forum, where they said a Guru might pick up my problem and resolve it.

During my conversation today I suggested that their failure to resolve this problem in over a month constituted a breach of contract on their part which they robustly rejected. Apparently provision of caller IDs is not part of their 'service' as set out in T&Cs. (I'd like to see how many contracts they would sell if their network never provided caller IDs).

So having made the implied threat that, since they are in breach on contract, I intend to leave without penalty, and having had that rebuffed, I would appreciate any advice on how to make Customer Services 'step up'.

Again, many thanks for having taken the time to respond.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Simon_W 

My next step would be a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Simon_W
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks again. I have emailed a complaint. They promise to respond in 8 weeks ...

Wow!

Somewhere there is a simple solution to this. Someone with access to my account needs to reset it to present caller IDs to my phone. I can't imagine why there isn't a 'Guru' working from home who can't do this. If it takes as long as 5 minutes I'd be amazed.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I quite agree....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6