Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 - Sound quality, intermittently terrible

ParkyRam
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, I have a S22 and the sound quality and it's ability to pick up a signal is terrible.

If the signal is weak then it sounds like the phone is under water if I try to make a call and it does connect. I struggle to get a signal in many areas whilst others on 02 (on older phones) can get a signal without an issue.

I have tried dowloading podcasts etc to see if that helps, but the sounds is still the same intermittently, whether content is live or downloaded.

The phone has been for repair and clean but no faults were found.

Any ideas would be welcome as I have this handset for another 2 years 😞 Thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6639 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

I would start here

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/mobile-devices/samsung-members-how-to-perform-hardware-test/#...

Then contact Samsung who will do similar and help from there

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 12

ParkyRam
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the link. I've just spent an hour on the chat to Samsung, but no joy. They have directed me to the  nearest repair centre which is 3 hours drive from my home. Very frustrating.

Message 3 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23132 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@ParkyRam Have you tried your sim in another phone to eliminate that possibility?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 12

Upgrade_Guru
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Are you still having this issue in your area ? i know this is an old post but would like to see if this still stands 

“I work for O2/Virgin Media but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Virgin Media O2.”
Message 5 of 12

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6639 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

@Upgrade_Guru wrote:

Are you still having this issue in your area ? i know this is an old post but would like to see if this still stands 

All of 2.5 hrs old 😄

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 12

ParkyRam
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

No, I haven't. It is really difficult as the issue doesn't happen all of the time, just intermittently. It seems to happen more when the signal is not great, though the signal on my phone is terrible compared to others with older phones on O2 in the same place.....

Thanks for your interest in helping - really appreciated.

Message 7 of 12

ParkyRam
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sorry - I can't see a post here?

Message 8 of 12

ParkyRam
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes, the issue still stands 🙂 I only posted this afternoon

Message 9 of 12

ParkyRam
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Oh and the issue is the same with downloaded content.... so this probably eliminates an issue with wifi signal?

Message 10 of 12