Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim Nightmare!!!!

Theory987
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also like some others have accidently ordered an esim and now cannot make calls or texts. Over two weeks later 3 complaints online and 2 complaints from my local O2 store on my behalf (who were extremely helpful) but also could not fix the issue, still nothing.

It seems the original sim has been cut off when esim was slected and the store is not able to re activate the original sim or simswap a new card as the the number is in some O2 black hole called processing where it sits now.

No one one knows how to fix or end the processing.

Anyone with any ideas?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Theory987
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It would be good to know if it does resolve at your billing date too. I only saw one other person have it reset at billing so a third person would be good for others to know.

Good luck.

Message 11 of 15

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9098 Posts
  • 207 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

If @Theory987 you are directing that at @Ahmed6, you need to tag him thus. 😀 

Message 12 of 15

AL161
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 is absolutely in terms of technical support; I had three e-sim on O2 one failed after several months leaving me without banking apps abroad, and the other two failed to get incoming calls. Tech UK support told me that physical sims also have loads of issues. Mine micro sim failed to connect to certain numbers. 

Message 13 of 15

Ahmed6
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So good & bad news.

My billing date came around and shortly after the team on twitter messages me to say that the esim has stopped 'processing', great right?

Well, I go into store to get a physical sim and all seems to be working, I am receiving SMS messages as normal. A day later I realise that I haven't tested calls so I ask a friend to call and they receive the 'call failed' message so I am technically still without service!!

A bigger problem I have now is that I want to return the iPad I bought which caused this original issue. The store says to me I can't return it as it's outside of the 14 day return window, I told them that I tried returning it 2-3 days after purchasing it at which point I was told I can't return anything because my esim is stuck processing and I would need to wait for that to finish, the store also says that if they cancel the iPad order I would lose access to my main telephone number as the O2 person who made the initial huge mistake assigned my mobile number to the iPad. The store scheduled a callback with a technical team for tomorrow but I just realised that I can't receive calls so they will have no luck in reaching me. 

So, here's where I am currently at:

1. I still can't make calls and people still cannot call me - it has now been over a month since I have been able to make a call/message

2. I have an iPad that I bought a month ago that I did not use which I want to return but I'm being told I'm unable to 

3. This is all because an O2 agent made a mistake a month ago where he assigned the number from my pay monthly sim to the pay monthly iPad (nobody has helped me since, the issue has resolved itself on my billing date)

I have sunk hours into trying to sort this but have come to the conclusion that O2 are inept and just don't care about their customers, literally every time I contact CS I have to explain everything again, super super frustrating, going to try and swap providers when this is all sorted.

Message 14 of 15

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9098 Posts
  • 207 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

You @Ahmed6 need to persevere with O2. You will appreciate that this is a customer to customer community so we cannot access your account or offer other direct help.

I suggest that you message O2 on social media :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

The social media team are based in the UK and have a good reputation for solving problems.

The other alternative is to make a formal complaint to O2. However, it is currently taking O2 up to eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints, which is probably not what you wanted to hear. Hence, my suggestion that you contact the social media team first. 👍  

Message 15 of 15