Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim Nightmare!!!!

Theory987
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also like some others have accidently ordered an esim and now cannot make calls or texts. Over two weeks later 3 complaints online and 2 complaints from my local O2 store on my behalf (who were extremely helpful) but also could not fix the issue, still nothing.

It seems the original sim has been cut off when esim was slected and the store is not able to re activate the original sim or simswap a new card as the the number is in some O2 black hole called processing where it sits now.

No one one knows how to fix or end the processing.

Anyone with any ideas?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7800 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

It's come up quite a bit on here. We have asked for clarification but we can't do anything as we are just

customers

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/ESIM-SIM-swap/td-p/1709870/page/3

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 15

Theory987
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply, i thought id see just in case someone knew and your right it is an issue with a few people. 

Message 3 of 15

Ahmed6
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My esim is also in the 'processing' state - it's been around 10 days for me now. I've been in contact with the team on twitter and nudge them every couple of days but have only been told to 'wait'.

Such a frustrating issue, it's hard to comprehend how a company as big as O2 takes this long to fix this critical issue leaving their customers without access to their phones...

Message 4 of 15

Theory987
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My latestest update on the situation which is now 18 days. When my billing due date came around which was 17 August it seemed to reset the procesing part. No one at O2 knew this but it did. The phone regestered no sim and Emergency Calls only which it didnt do before. I went to O2 shop and they confirmed  processing has finished. However we still couldnt do a sim swap as the line was inactive. We tried to get the line active to allow a sim swap but we've been told to wait another 48hrs. while they try to get it active. Then in theory we can sim swap. 

I will update when i know more.

Message 5 of 15

Ahmed6
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the update Theory987 - that is great news then.

I will have a look at for my billing date and see if this also resets the process for me

Message 6 of 15

Mariato
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having the same issue for almost three weeks now. I was given the temporary mobile number which was activated immediately after I ordered the eSIM and should have been switched to my initial number within 24 hours. I’ve already got a new normal SIM, because I was told that the problem was with transferring the number to eSIM, and it would be easier to get it back to the normal SIM. However, it changed nothing.

Please update on your progress. I hope you will get your number back. I’ll be waiting for my billing date as well to see if it makes any difference 

Message 7 of 15

Theory987
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Finally, the O2 shop managed to sim swap and get everything back up and running. Yeah.

The shop in Harow were brilliant but really coudn't do much as it was all back end stuff. Quite unbelivable that a large company cant stop, cancel, resset or just override the processing. It clearly all hinged on this stopping so the shop could move me to a physical sim.

On a side note, I made a complaint and O2 initially offered £10 compensation which i feel was not good enough. Parking fees on 5 store visits way exceeded that alone. I think is could be standard response. After quite some time with the stores help again we eventually recived a totall of £50 compensation which i felt was fair.

Message 8 of 15

Ahmed6
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Glad you got yours sorted!!! I would honestly pay £50 right now to have access to my number instead of waiting for however many more weeks, very ridiculous indeed.

So, with me, I presume I'll have to wait till my next billing date before the esim stops processing and then things can be sorted from there?

Message 9 of 15

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9007 Posts
  • 203 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Theory987 wrote:

Finally, the O2 shop managed to sim swap and get everything back up and running. Yeah.

The shop in Harow were brilliant but really coudn't do much as it was all back end stuff. Quite unbelivable that a large company cant stop, cancel, resset or just override the processing. It clearly all hinged on this stopping so the shop could move me to a physical sim.

On a side note, I made a complaint and O2 initially offered £10 compensation which i feel was not good enough. Parking fees on 5 store visits way exceeded that alone. I think is could be standard response. After quite some time with the stores help again we eventually recived a totall of £50 compensation which i felt was fair.

@Theory987 

I am tagging the community manager @Kei-M_O2 in view of you assertion that the O2 retail store in Harrow was "brilliant". 

Message 10 of 15