Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 04 code

Sara1820
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m still having the same issue, connecting my Apple watch to my iPhone, have rung Apple again today and they have repeated that the issue lies with 02 and not them, they have said 02 need to supply a new SIM card, however 02 have refused to do this, they have said I need to speak to a guru and get one of them to sort it, passing the buck been an 02 customer for probably 15 + years and this has got to be the worst service I have ever had I appreciate these are difficult times, but would not even let me suspend the data plan until this can all be sorted
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @Sara1820 , and thanks for tagging me @jonsie !

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble setting up your watch. I'm going to drop you a private message here on the forum shortly to get a few additional details so we can see if we can get a Guru to take a look.

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Mtb2011
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I’m in a similar position.
Message 5 of 8

Em5
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

I’m having the same problem! I’ve just got a new Apple Watch but when I go to pair the mobile data it keeps saying ‘error code 04’ - I had an existing data plan from another Apple Watch Which set up with no problems so this is so frustrating!!
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

@Em5 

Error 04 is because your previous watch is still on your account and you can only have one.

You need to call customer service to remove it Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

The best number to call on appears to be 0800 587 4005

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Em5
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you so much - will try that number! I had no luck when I called 202.
Message 8 of 8