Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data use corrupt!!

FrankV
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received an email and sms yesterday to say my Pay Monthly SIM only 500MB allowance has been used up yet I have not even used a tenth of that. My average monthly use is low 20 to 30MB.

Something is wrong with the 02 data billing. When I checked on line yesterday it said I had only used about 33MB in January and 26MB in February, so around my average and agrees with my phone log. It also showed previous months back to September as being around my normal average. When I checked today, February is the same low use, but all of a sudden January is up near 300MB and last September up at 498MB!! So I checked my online bill for September and sure enough, I only used about a tenth of that. What is going on??

Can't talk to anyone on the phone, only an automated cretin. There's no one on Chat, can't book a callback as no available slots. Disgraceful!!

Have requested a PAC via 65075 and at least that has worked, so will move supplier.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@FrankV 

They do its via the phone on 0344 809 0202 or 202 from your o2 phone, just like all call centres call wait times are long... 

Have you checked your phone hasnt used background data to update apps or the phone, as o2 only reports what it see's on the network from your sim card. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@FrankV 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 5

FrankV
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you but I do not use any of those social media platforms. O2 should offer decent direct support, but seems they do not.

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@FrankV 

They do its via the phone on 0344 809 0202 or 202 from your o2 phone, just like all call centres call wait times are long... 

Have you checked your phone hasnt used background data to update apps or the phone, as o2 only reports what it see's on the network from your sim card. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

FrankV
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but firstly I spend most of my time at home on a WiFi network, hence my low average mobile data use.

I don't have apps chewing up data and background data use is disabled. Even if somehow I suddenly used around 470MB (which I'm 99% sure I haven't) it still does not explain how O2 data use monthly summary is changing history for last September for example between yesterday and today and showing 10x what my bill for that period shows! 

Something has gone wrong and they seem impossible to get hold of. I will try the 202 number but my patience wears thin fast. Moving to another supplier is easier.

Message 5 of 5