Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of ownership

Behnz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have called 202 4 times now with my mother about a change of ownership. I’m now paying for my own bill and wanted to keep my number and so far after 4 calls still the request has now been actioned. 

please can someone advise how I can take this further? As clearly this method is not working and I’m spending an hour each day calling customer  services with no luck. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7873 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1646 Solutions

You can't change ownership. You will have to take out a contract in your own name and pass the required Credit Checks. Once done you can then migrate the number from the old account across.

Beware if that is still within the minimum contract term as the balance will need paying off first

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

@Behnz wrote:

I have called 202 4 times now with my mother about a change of ownership. I’m now paying for my own bill and wanted to keep my number and so far after 4 calls still the request has now been actioned. 

please can someone advise how I can take this further? As clearly this method is not working and I’m spending an hour each day calling customer  services with no luck. 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 8

Behnz
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi,

sorry I have already done this, I have taken a new contract just want to transfer the number over. As mentioned I have requested this 4 times and still nothing is being done. They say they’re looking into it further each time.

i need my new contract to have my old number, the advise 24 hours each time but still nothing is done. 

sorry for not explaining properly. 

Message 3 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12610 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

You could try using o2's social media channels @Behnz 

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Normally the transfer is relatively easy - you and your mother need to be on the same call as you need to request the number move and she allows permission for the move.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 8

Behnz
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for this, have tried that also. And we were both in the phone on all 4 occasions. I’m not sure what’s going on, but each time they’ve advised 24 hours and nothing. Even offered me credit in my account for the delay and have been told it’s been escalated the last 3 phone calls.

as you mentioned it should be straight forward, I’ve had them confirm both numbers on more than one occasion. I’m still paying for two bills as I need my number at all times due to family reasons. 

Message 5 of 8

Behnz
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is anyone from o2 on here able to help me?

Message 6 of 8

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7873 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1646 Solutions

@Behnz Not anymore. We has account advisors who would help but they were withdrawn in July. 

Just us customers now

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9215 Posts
  • 211 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Behnz 

Have you been able to resolve this problem following the advice of @Enlli and @gmarkj ?

Message 8 of 8