Did you mean: 

Cellular data won’t work when on a phone call

meg24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I don’t know if anyone else has had this problem and I struggled to find anything online. But whenever i’m on a phone call, cellular data will not work (wifi will though). As soon as the phone call is ended, data function returns to normal. Anyone have any ideas? It’s an iPhone 12 pro max, and I have enough data available, Phone is up-to-date etc. This has been an ongoing problem for months now, and it used to work normally before. 

Thanks, hope this is the right place to ask this question! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@meg24 

Do you have 4g and wifi calling enabled?

Try Settings >Mobile Service >Voice and data >4g

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

meg24
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the quick reply! 

Yeah both are enabled but still doesn’t work unfortunately. 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@meg24 

It's a network issue then, probably localised so you may find it will work elsewhere.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

meg24
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh ok thank you - that’s interesting to know! Is there anything I can do about it? Is it worth contacting o2? 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@meg24 

In my experience, customer service won't have a clue, but they may be able to pass it on the tech for you.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 

Message 6 of 6