Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls

Zuzka
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

Since approximately December I'm unable to receive calls. 

I spoke to O2 some time ago about this - they apparently checked everything was fine. I have iphone11 and I asked apple and they said all is fine.

Yesterday, I called Apple again and they said after running tests - that there is definitely a problem receiving calls on my iPhone.

They suggested I contact O2 to do proper checks again and they think this may be a bad sim. 

A couple of notes 

- This was not a problem up until a new year. The same place of work, same internet, same house, this suddenly start happening. Now with corona, I really don't want to be paying back for calling back on numbers that I simply cannot answer. This is causing me a lot of difficulties right now.

- this is not all calls but some calls - it's very random

- I now "fled" the UK until the whole corona situation blows over 

- in case I'd need a new sim I'd have to be sent to Slovakia (happy to cover extra costs)

-I'm unable to contact any O2 support on this (I tried to call the numbers to give but both hang up on me)  - this I presume is not a topic that can be sorted via message board.

Thanks for the help!

Zuzana 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
  • 144706 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
O2 will only post a sim to the registered address in UK so best to hang on until you are back home in UK.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Zuzka
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I can appreciate that. However, it'd be good to understand the next best step to be able to figure out what the issue is and it seems to me that the only way is to call a customer support which is really not callable these day :(. Any other tip on how to get in touch?

Many thanks

Zuzana

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions