Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls but can make them

no-signal-sam
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife and I have identical phones (Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017)) and are both on O2 Classic PAYG.

Yesterday she was getting calls on her mobile from friends saying that they were unable to call my mobile.

We were sat together on the sofa. She tried phoning my mobile but could not connect. I successfully phoned her mobile, and was then able to successfully phone the friends who were unable to call me.

It seems like the O2 network cannot locate my phone to connect an incoming call, but when making a call, the network is able to recognise my phone.

My problem is similar to this post, but I don't do social media, so how else can I get the issue fixed?

Thanks,

Sam

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@no-signal-sam 

Just trying dialing ##002# to clear all diverts, on the off chance that something is diverting your calls elsewhere.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

There are still phone numbers to call customer services @no-signal-sam :202 (from an o2 pay monthly phone) or 0344 809 202.

Best time to call is 8am UK time.

Alternatively you can call 0800 902 0217 using Skype for free.

Guide here Guide: A Guide to Skype

Depending on how long you have had your sim, it might be worth trying a new one.

The best way to get one is visit your local o2 store with some photo ID - ordering one over the phone means you current one is disconnected and replaced with the one being posted out.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@no-signal-sam 

Just trying dialing ##002# to clear all diverts, on the off chance that something is diverting your calls elsewhere.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 6

no-signal-sam
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5, I became contactable after doing as you advised. I'm mystified though as I have never knowingly set up call diversion.

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

Glad you're sorted @no-signal-sam 

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 6

no-signal-sam
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks gmarkj, I will note the numbers for future use.

Message 6 of 6