cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use my sim in both an android and Iphone?

Spritely
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As per title. I have a Galaxy S9 phone, but I will be getting an old iphone 5 shortly to use some specific music software that only works on an Iphone. Can I swap my sim from the S9 to use the Iphone temporarily without upsetting the android setup on my sim?

Hope that makes sense?

Mark

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

@Spritely 

Yes you can.

The iPhone will work fine as a phone with your current sim, but you will not get iPhone specific features, not that it sounds like that will be a problem for what you want to do.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23570 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

MI5
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

@Spritely 

Yes you can.

The iPhone will work fine as a phone with your current sim, but you will not get iPhone specific features, not that it sounds like that will be a problem for what you want to do.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

Spritely
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply,

Glad to hear I can use my sim with the Iphone, and it should still be ok when I put it back in to the S9.

I was thinking the only other way would be to get a new PAYG sim for the Iphone, but how long would I have to sign up for - if only a year then that would be ok.

Perhaps I am over thinking/worrying about it, and should just use my sim.

Mark

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

@Spritely A payg sim cam be 1 hour to infinity.

There's no commitment at all.

Message 5 of 5