HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Chez5 

Short term and if within range of each other, you can turn on your hotspot to allow tethering to your phone and data.

Note that this uses more battery power so be careful.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9379 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Chez5 

Following on from the advice of @MI5, please bear in mind that routine use of a hotspot can seriously damage a handset's battery to the extent that it will need replacing, which is an expensive exercise. I used a Samsung Galaxy S7 as  hotspot on a daily basis during Covid ; after six months, the battery was severely damaged and simply would not charge.

Hence, using a hotspot on a "ad hoc" basis is fine but you should not regard it as a permanent solution.    

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

Hence why I gave the warning.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 5