Did you mean: 

Being charge for a number I don't have

Intrepid75
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I have one O2 number pay monthly which is fine.  But occasionally I get a bill for another number which I haven't had for years.  I have tried to get in touch with O2 to explain this, but there does not seem to be any way to - because it's not my number (I don't even know what the whole number is!).  I suspect it's a number I had years ago on a work phone, but I don't have that phone and no-one where I worked knows anything about it.  How do I cancel this account ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9379 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Intrepid75 

This might help :-

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149609 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Intrepid75 

You'll need the full phone number at least to cancel it along with account passwords etc.

When you say occasional bills, how occasional are they?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 8

Intrepid75
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have found the full number, but I have no idea of an account password etc.  I'm not sure an account was ever activated.  As for how often the bills come, I think it's every 6 months, but I"m not sure, I would have to study my bank statements. I've been working extremely hard and putting off sorting this out, but now I'm trying to!  

I read the guide, which was very interesting, but that won't work for me, as the number is only cancelled when you notify another network, and that's not what I'm trying to do.

Would going to the local O2 shop help?

Thanks

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 149609 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Intrepid75 

Now you have the number, try calling or messaging on social media.

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 8

Intrepid75
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks, that's a great help.

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 149609 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

Good luck @Intrepid75 

Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9379 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Intrepid75 

Did you get this resolved in the end ? 

Message 8 of 8