Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch data plan tech support

Andrew_Hurst
Level 1: Joiner
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been an o2 customer since 31st January 2023, signed up to the Volt package, as i took out the M500 Virgin media broadband package also.

I have 2 issues with my o2 account, as follows;

Although my Volt benefits states it is activated (when i check this on my o2 app or webpage), the benefits are still not live.  This has been in the state for over 2 weeks.  I spoke to an o2 advisor on the phone yesterday (for 1hr 20mins) and he concluded that the Volt benefits are not activated as my home address on the virgin media account is slightly different to the home address on my o2 account.  Is this factual and the reason why i haven’t got the volt benefits?  The advisor said i have to be an o2 customer for 30-days before i can update my address details.  How can this be wrong in the first place, as i signed up to the volt package via Virgin Media and they contacted o2 to set my SIM only account up.  Please advise. 

The second issue is my Apple Watch mobile data plan.  Firstly the Watch is mine, i purchased it direct from Apple, so all i wanted was the mobile data connection (for £5 per month).  I set up via the Watch app on my iPhone 3-weeks ago, and after putting my o2 username & password in the mobile data status then said “activating”. It was in this state for well over a week.  I logged 2 x tickets to get this resolved, i received one missed phone called, 1 x standard text message and that was it, no further contact from o2. A week ago, I decided to remove “all mobile data plans” from my Watch (via the app on my iPhone).  Yesterday i attempted to reset up the mobile data plan on my Watch, when i select “mobile data” on the Watch app, on my iPhone,  i now have an o2 message that reads “we’re setting up your Apple Watch on the o2 network and we’ll text you when it’s all done. If you don’t receive a text within 24 hours, call 202 free from your o2 mobile, quoting reference code 08.”

Its been over 3-weeks now and still my Apple Watch is not connected to the mobile data plan.

Can someone please help me as o2 on the telephone cannot support, i know this after making endless phone calls over the past 3-weeks.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Andrew Hurst 

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you both, i have replied to your DM Sarah.

Message 11 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Again,

In relation to my earlier posts on this thread….. both of my issues with O2 are still not resolved and this has been going on for 4-weeks now.

The first issue is, i still have not got the VOLT benefits (i signed up to Virgin Media broadband on O2 mobile SIM only plan).  I opted for the 50GB SIM only plan for £15 per month and then with VOLT it doubles to 100GB per month……..4-weeks have passed and endless phones calls and this is still not sorted.  When i log in to my O2 app it states “you’re all signed up” but activation can take a few days.

The second issue is setting up a mobile data plan on my Apple Watch, this is still not resolved.  O2sarah suggested doing a SIM swap, which i did and didn’t work as when i look at the Apple Watch App on my iPhone and click on the mobile data it states the same as previous “O2 Activating”.  

As mentioned above this has been ongoing for 4 weeks and still not resolved, i am paying a monthly SIM only fee and not getting the VOLT benefits and my Apple Watch mobile data plan still not activated.  

In relation to the Apple Watch mobile data plan, O2Sarah has informed the appropriate team at O2 and i received a text message on Thursday 2nd March where it stated O2 were looking into the problem and would be touch “soon”, but hey guess what, no one has contacted me so far.  The case number is INC000005634184.

Can someone please help.

Thank you in advance.

Andrew Hurst 

Message 12 of 73

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38454 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@Andrew_Hurst wrote:

Hi Again,

In relation to my earlier posts on this thread….. both of my issues with O2 are still not resolved and this has been going on for 4-weeks now.

The first issue is, i still have not got the VOLT benefits (i signed up to Virgin Media broadband on O2 mobile SIM only plan).  I opted for the 50GB SIM only plan for £15 per month and then with VOLT it doubles to 100GB per month……..4-weeks have passed and endless phones calls and this is still not sorted.  When i log in to my O2 app it states “you’re all signed up” but activation can take a few days.

The second issue is setting up a mobile data plan on my Apple Watch, this is still not resolved.  O2sarah suggested doing a SIM swap, which i did and didn’t work as when i look at the Apple Watch App on my iPhone and click on the mobile data it states the same as previous “O2 Activating”.  

As mentioned above this has been ongoing for 4 weeks and still not resolved, i am paying a monthly SIM only fee and not getting the VOLT benefits and my Apple Watch mobile data plan still not activated.  

In relation to the Apple Watch mobile data plan, O2Sarah has informed the appropriate team at O2 and i received a text message on Thursday 2nd March where it stated O2 were looking into the problem and would be touch “soon”, but hey guess what, no one has contacted me so far.  The case number is INC000005634184.

Can someone please help.

Thank you in advance.

Andrew Hurst 

The O2Advisors on today are @O2Jonathan and @O2KyleW - hopefully one of them will reach out to you in the next hour or so looking for more info to help with both your watch problem and perhaps your Volt logjam, although there are tips in here regarding the VOLT side of things that O2 on Social Media, links just below, can tackle: Volt Megaguide 

Good luck, @Andrew_Hurst.

Message 13 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @pgn 

Thank you for the reply, however no one has contacted me and I still have both issues.

In relation to my VOLT benefits, I have read the article you sent me the link too and this doesn't help.  FYI my address is listed the same on VM & O2 (this wasn't originally, so I amended it over a week ago......how this could be wrong is beyond me as when I signed up it was via VM who then contacted O2 to set up my SIM only data plan).

My Apple Watch mobile data plan is still in the state of "O2 Activating"

I am starting to get very frustrated and disappointed with these issues and wishing I have not moved away from my old mobile & Internet provider.

Can someone please resolve these issues.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Andrew Hurst

Message 14 of 73

pgn
  • 38454 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

Hi, @Andrew_Hurst - as there is no advisor cover until Monday now, all I can do is tag @O2Sarah- again, on from 8am Monday. That should start things moving again on the watch code 008. As for Volt, if you changed address a week ago, to match VM and O2 account addresses, I guess all you can do is give it another 7 days then ask O2 via Social Media or 202 again. It took some weeks of hitting the Volt offer button for me before the response to confirm sign-up appeared, then my VM speed doubled after about 5 days, my O2 about 4 days after that, first time around - both addresses matched.

After an upgrade on O2 last December, VOLT benefits were reapplied to the phone automatically after about 5 days, from memory. VM remained doubled throughout.

The watch is a bit of a mystery, reports on the Forum, if you search, in last 2 months say an eSIM reset fixes it, others say a replacement physical SIM in the phone and SIM Swap to move your number over fixes it, another says take phone and watch up to latest versions, 16.1 I think for phone, 9.3 for watch... it is all a bit hit and miss with O2, TBH. You are at the mercy of O2 Tech Support, and the Advisors here seem to be an avenue into that support pool, as far as I can see.

Good luck with Sarah- tomorrow.

Message 15 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply pgn.  

Have tried all of those suggestions ref: Apple Watch (reset my watch, running latest Apple IOS and Watch0S, and finally last week a physical SIM swap).  

Will wait for @O2Sarah- to assist further tomorrow. 

Message 16 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I am still having ongoing issues with my Apple Watch data connectivity (this has been 6-weeks now).

When i checked the Watch app on my iPhone yesterday evening the mobile data plan status has changed.... instead of saying "O2 activating", it now has been categorised as "not in use" with the option to remove the O2 plan.  There is also an option to add a New Plan.

Can anyone please help as this is just ridiculous that no one from the technical team at O2 have bothered to contact me in relation to this.  I have previously raised multiple job tickets and raised a complaint via email, but nothing back from O2. 

VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. 

Thank you.

Best Regards

Andy

Message 17 of 73

pgn
  • 38454 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

Not sure why @O2Sarah- did not connect with you up above, @Andrew_Hurst - we can but tag her again. Good luck!

Message 18 of 73

pgn
  • 38454 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Not sure why @O2Sarah- did not connect with you up above, @Andrew_Hurst - we can but tag her again. Good luck!

Hi @Andrew_Hurst again - did you get a Private Message from @O2Sarah-?

Message 19 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yes @pgn

Thank you.

Message 20 of 73