Did you mean: 

Apple Watch - data plan not in use issue

BeloBe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I got my Apple Watch series 8 just under a month ago. Since then I keep having issues with the data plan. Initially, it wouldn’t connect to the internet and I couldn’t set the cellular up. I got help through here.

The data plan worked for around a week or so. But yesterday it stopped working and on the Apple Watch app it say that my o2 plan is ‘not in use’ I’m getting really annoyed over this and they obv make me pay for the monthly privilege of not being able to use the data and for all the frustration and time wasted. Anyone can help please?

1BE17A17-550B-462B-9E4E-8B8C2DF546B7.png

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

BeloBe
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

what i've gathered is that you can't solve it alone. they need to reset your eSIM. it was @O2Georgina and @O2Emma that helped me with this. 

Message 11 of 21

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Two more struggling with Apple watch issues @O2Sarah- 

Can you please contact @Faymondo and @AJ3005 please?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 12 of 21

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thank you again @gmarkj 

@Faymondo ad @AJ3005  I will send you both a private message so we can see what is happening. 

Message 13 of 21

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @BeloBe I will send you a private message you to look into this for you. 

signature
Message 14 of 21

LauraD90
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having same issue as original post, says my plan is not in use. Watch is saying no sim, can someone help please. 

Message 15 of 21

gmarkj
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Can you see if you can help @LauraD90 please @O2Ryan ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 16 of 21

O2Ryan
Former Staff
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 17 of 21

Spaddywaddy
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This has been going on since December for me. Got my Apple Watch Ultra data worked, then intermittently, then stopped after a week. Called support and they said a technician would call, never did. I then removed the data plan (sync-1) and added another (sync-2). This worked, but Apple Music would drop out of connection, even if I was in a strong signal area, constantly dropping out. 

I then discovered I was being charged two data plan on my next bill. So I contacted support on the 31st of Jan. 

Hi There, my Watch data plan no longer shows. When viewing in the app it say "inactive". The toggle option on the watch is just a blank screen. This is what happened last time, this why I removed the plan and set up another. I guess because the second plan was removed by yourself, I guess the first plan still has issues. Can you reset as I need this data plan for work? It’s been going on for a long while now. I did send a message the other day, but had no response.

All the long years I have been with o2, I have always stayed loyal because they offered pretty good customer service. Not long to wait on the phone, live chat was always there. Now, none of these good points are relevant, long waits and live chat say sorry don’t bother we are very busy. I’m really considering moving when my contract expires. Most disappointing 

My issue is still not resolved and I’m being charged for a service I can’t use. 

Message 18 of 21

jessellison12
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi can you help me with this issue please? 

Message 19 of 21

gmarkj
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

If you have an error message while trying to set up an Apple watch, then @O2Sarah- is probably your best bet @jessellison12 .

If you have another problem, please confirm what it is so we can offer further guidance...

Message 20 of 21