cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Data Issue - Anyone been able to get it to work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

From the volume of posts, (myself included) there seems to be an issue at O2 setting up mobile data to Apple watches.

Oops error codes, then stuck on activating.

The O2 folks here have been great getting past the errors, but days of ‘O2 Activating’ with no estimated fix time is worrying. No official announcements or communications!

Is there anyone here who’ve actually managed to set up their mobile data plan on a watch bought in the last few weeks, or is it a complete shutout?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Jyotida
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

From the volume of posts, (myself included) there seems to be an issue at O2 setting up mobile data to Apple watches.

The O2 folks here have been great getting past the errors, but days of ‘O2 Activating’ with no estimated fix time is worrying. No official announcements or communications!

Is there anyone here who’ve actually managed to set up their mobile data plan on a watch bought in the last few weeks, or is it a complete shutout?

@Anonymous wrote:

I would be really interested if this is the case as well . It seems like it’s a unusual problem when you speak to them . Then you see all the post from individuals. 

Message 2 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

So far, no-one.

Message 3 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel sorry for the frontline folk who are having to deal with this.
It appears to be a major ongoing issue and I can’t help question the integrity of intentionally selling faulty product to the market.

This is bad, hopefully gets picked up by some of the mainstream media soon.

Message 4 of 29

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11599 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Anonymous 

It is down to an update done by Apple that is causing the issues, and from talking to colleagues across the globe it isnt only affecting o2.. which from talking to my Apple Account Team they are working on fixing..

So hope you are complaining to Apple as well, for their usual poor QA and Testing processes. 

And to be honest it doesnt affect that many people out of the many millions of customer that o2 have.. 

Next time buy a Garmin...

eel free to report it to BBC Watchdog they need something to distract them from the other BBC internal problems

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 29

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38466 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

It has been mad for a few months, but was beginning to settle until a recent Apple OTA update went and changed error codes, setting the cat among the O2 pigeons.

O2 CS seem hogtied, O2 Web Chat is no good for anything 'different', and so a handful of O2 Advisors here on the community have been flat to the mat with the flood of "my iWatch won't work" calls and a smattering of Port-in issues and, meantime, O2 are bringing many VM customers over to O2:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/New-to-O2/Virgin-Mobile-to-O2-All-you-need-to-know/m-p/1607022/highlig...

whilst simultaneously upgrading a core billing system:   https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-System-Updates-360/m-p/1598402/highlight/true#M39424

If you have an issue, and are working with an Advisor here, keep in touch with them via the Forum Private Messages system @Anonymous and @Jyotida.

Otherwise, this is for you: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Good luck!

Message 6 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@madasaf1sh 

Appreciate the feedback.

However, I didn’t buy the watch from Apple, was direct from O2, so can only direct to them.
You have been more forthcoming than O2 and seem to be in a privileged position on information. Please can you update on eta on fix. Thanks

Message 7 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn 

Thanks pgn, the guys on here have been great and I understand the O2 CS constraints….

But this issue has been ongoing for a while, and while I’m appreciative of the invaluable support you guys here give, this situation is pretty bad.

Personally I will complain officially, up to everyone else what they do.

But let’s be honest and get a formal acknowledgment - in store and online that O2 are having issues and be honest/ give people a chance to make an informed choice.

Message 8 of 29

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38466 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks pgn, the guys on here have been great and I understand the O2 CS constraints….

But this issue has been ongoing for a while, and while I’m appreciative of the invaluable support you guys here give, this situation is pretty bad.

Personally I will complain officially, up to everyone else what they do.

But let’s be honest and get a formal acknowledgment - in store and online that O2 are having issues and be honest/ give people a chance to make an informed choice.

Did you read the link about 360? That has thrown Stores into the deep-end until training completes.

Formal acknowledgement of something VMO2 upper management and Sales are unwilling to see - "what problem?.

And no, I am a regular customer, just drawing conclusions from what I see and here on this unacknowledged but effective corner of the VMO2 support network.

So it goes.

Message 9 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn 

Fair enough. Until enough people complain it won’t register on VMO2 senior leadership whatsoever. Frontline / store folk must be having a mare.

Personally I can return  / replace the Watch hassle free up until Thursday, (I’m one of the lucky ones).

I want to keep it, but the only other tech I’ve owned that has caused more stress is a wireless printer.

Whilst completely unscientific, no success stories here still

Message 10 of 29