Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G connection but no data

Neildelahay
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As it says in title. I have 2 x iPhone and 2 x iPad so it doesn’t appear to be a hardware issue as it’s across all devices.

at home and whilst away on hols right now. When I have 4G as long as 2 bar signal I can use data for apps and calls and messages work fine however if signal drops to a 3G connection even though 3 and 4 bar signal strength all of my devices cease to work. Calls Are ok but use of data for iMessage or for using apps stops. Apps give connection error messages. Is there still 3G data? 

my business phone is Vodafone and I had message to say 3G switch off is coming. Uk networks need to resolve 4G coverage first

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Neildelahay
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To mention on hols is uk so not a roaming issue

Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Neildelahay 

Have you checked the network status where you are?

https://status.o2.co.uk/ 

I have the same isssue when I go to Yarmouth or Somerset. My friend who is with 3 has no issues at all with her phone or tablet.

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6639 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

Vodafone are actively switching off 3G this year. 

EE and 3 by the end of next year

O2 not given any dates 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

Neildelahay
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank all for replies. Network status says no issues and my location should be good for 4G inside and out. But 2 bar signal 4G outside and none inside a caravan. And when it drops to 3G with 3-4 bars signal. I have no data connection at all. 

Message 5 of 5