cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what right do they have

Anonymous
Not applicable

ive never not missed a bill nor even ever paid a payment late tonight coz i got a bill for 100 and i was going to pay it thursday when i get paid tonight without warning the stoped everything incomming cals the lot.i also need to have a phone coz ive got hospital appointment all this month and thats the only number i have.now i understand them stopping things being paid for till thursday but to stop my call which are unlimited and bar me having ppl ringing in when my bill is not due as far as im aware as its not late payment they cant do that i seriously deciding not to pay if the dont connect me up im not well and thats the only number i have

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Customer service opening times are on the link given. Call them from a different phone at 8.00 sharp and you'll get through straight away.
It's normal practice to block a phone of sudden usage is outside of the norm. This is to protect the customer from fraud. If you had called and spoken to o2 before the phone was blocked it could have been avoided.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

cant even ring up 02 on it either so thats annoyed me big time im a stroke victim who lives on her own

Message 2 of 12

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Being customers here like yourself we can't see the account details but you really need to contact customer service.

www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

no one online and the have totally barred my phone and i need that as due to go in hospital anyday and they have put my life at risk

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Customer service opening times are on the link given. Call them from a different phone at 8.00 sharp and you'll get through straight away.
It's normal practice to block a phone of sudden usage is outside of the norm. This is to protect the customer from fraud. If you had called and spoken to o2 before the phone was blocked it could have been avoided.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

If your bill is not due then the only reason your have a restricted service is that you have exceeded you limit in recent charges on your account. This is put in place to protect you and from having a high bill you are not expecting. You would be the first to complain if o2 were to let you run up a bill into the 100 if not 1000s as you may not been aware of the cost of some calls you were making. 

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 6 of 12

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Every right, unfortunately, in accordance with your Terms and Conditions.

1. 5.10: We can't set usage limits on your account. We'll try to monitor usage of the Service through your account to control our credit risk and your exposure to fraudulent usage or unintended Charges caused by your usage, but we can't guarantee this and O2 is not responsible or liable for any such fraudulent usage. If we see usage on your account that causes us concern, we might restrict use of the Service on your SIM Card and/or bar your SIM Card. You'll need to contact us before you can use any of the chargeable aspects of the Service again. You may also have to make an interim payment before the Service can be restored.

Don't get me wrong, I understand your frustration and would likely share it if I found myself in the same situation, however I'm sure you can understand that such bars are to protect you as much as O2. Had your higher than usual phone usage been unauthorised (as a result of loss or theft, for example) then you could have ended up liable for a very large bill far in excess of the current charges.

Give CS a call and they'll get you through to the Payment Management team who will be able to sort it for you. Just a word of warning though, where it's an automatically applied credit control bar they will require an interim payment as referred to in the terms above. 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 7 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

@Anonymous  Hopefully you have spoken to customer service by now. If you haven't you can call on this number from any phone: 0800 032 1402. Unfortunately, there would be no way of O2 knowing what your medical condition is, and the block was probably automatically computer generated for the reasons stated above. Be aware that if you refuse to pay what you owe, O2 will put a negative mark on your credit rating, if they haven't done so already, and you would have problems getting a phone contract from any provider if you don't settle this bill.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 12

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the community head, please try to use Live Chat this morning so that we can look into this for you, If you have trouble, send me a direct message any time slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

i didnt get a chance to speak to no one the text came thru and bang it was of

Message 10 of 12