cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade cancellation questions regarding refund

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I have cancelled an upgrade on the iphone 6 due to waiting times. I paid £129.99 upfront.

Anyway, yesterday the person on Live Chat told me to contact LC after 24 hours to initiate a refund.

I phoned customer services today who said that the refund is automatic and should reach my account in 5-10 working days. She said she didnt know why the person on LC told me to contact him again.

So just asking, does the refund actually take place automatically or do i need to chase o2 for the refund.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
No it will auto go back into the account you used to pay originally.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
No it will auto go back into the account you used to pay originally.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It should be automatic but it can take up to 14 days - Chase them up if nothing after 2 weeks.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

As long as it was an upfont fee and not and not a early upgrade fee then it will automatically be returne to your originating account. Someone posted yesterday that it was 5 days for him to have it refunded.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

The official time scale is 7-10 working days and it will go back to the card u used to pay. It is not exactly automatic so if you don't receive then  just let CS know, but no reason for that to happen.Astounded

Message 5 of 5