cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to deal with 02 for an issue they caused, disgraceful customer service!

Bmwboy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I am hoping the forum will solve my issue or the next step is small claims court and the ombudsman.  I originally had one contract with 02. The wife’s phone was due to end with Vodafone so I naturally as I pay the bill I said I would take an additional line on my account for her. We were due to go on Holiday in 3 days time so I did a click and collect for the contract for an iphone 7 for next day.

The next day I went into my local 02 shop to collect the order and the phone had not even left the warehouse. The manager of the store suggested I take out another contract and when the phone I ordered over O2 online came into the store she would send the contract back. She explained I would see 3 numbers on my account until the phone is sent back.

I took the third line and we took the phone away with us. I come back of holiday nearly a month later and I see the contract still listed on my account. I go straight back to the store that apologise perfusely and explain that they forgot to send the contact back and unfortunately its gone over the 14 days. At this point I am now angry demanding to see the manager but she will not come out. The other store manager explains this is a mistake and they will sort it. They asked me to take the phone contact 02 for the return and they will type “notes” to explain this is there issue.

I ring 02 and explain the above and get the phone sent back.

1 week later, I ring to chase up and they can see the phone has

• NEVER been used
  • Sim card never been used

I provide them the royal mail tracking  number which shows signature and who signed for the parcel.

GUESS what the phone still listed on my account and I am now charged with a disconnection fee and threatening to ruin my credit rating. This is totally outrages and I feel victim of fraud basically. The store refuse to take issue and 02 still have not removed the phone from my account.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Bmwboy this sounds a real mess.

You need to make an official complaint. https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Use Resolver in the complaints link. It usually gets better results Resolver

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 21

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
All we can suggest is that you make an official complaint.
Try using Resolver for the best results https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
If that fails to give you satisfaction, you can then escalate to the Ombudsman.
All details on link https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 21

Bmwboy
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sick of this, 

is there anyone on the forum who can deal with this. I want the bill froze while i deal with this, i got a text saying my wifes phone which is paid in full, will be disconnected because the phone i dont want is unpaid! i actually paid 2 months worth of it.

Message 4 of 21

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As this is a customer to customer forum, unfortunately not.
@Martin-O2 or @Marjo can liaise with O2 but generally don't work at weekends, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 21

Bmwboy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Cheers,

They mite pick this up Monday then. On the phone with 02 to ask them freeze this for now.
Message 6 of 21

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, I would expect one of them to be in touch then to offer assistance.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Best of luck with this @Bmwboy. A mess up of massive proportions.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 21

Bmwboy
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I phoned them, was put on hold 10 mins and then call dropped.

Will try again later, thanks all.
Message 9 of 21

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good luck mate.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 21