Did you mean: 

switch up confusion

tansu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all,

Recently, I tried upgrading (switch up) my current phone  to a newer model through the call center, but I got a bit confused, so I have a few questions.

1. From what I understand, I need to commit to a new tariff from the start. But If I don't choose the switch-up option this time, does that mean I lose the ability to upgrade in the future? For example, if I start a 24-month contract with the new phone, at the end of the 24 months, will the phone be mine to keep? Or, if I choose the switch-up option again, will I be starting a new tariff whenever I upgrade? Did I get that right?

2. The system defaulted to a 48-month contract for me. Is it possible to change it to 12 months or select a different duration?

Lastly, 3. I noticed that the monthly payment for the new phone and tariff was cheaper when I went through the call center compared to the website. When I asked if the switch-up option was included, the person said yes. The difference was around £7-8 per month. Is that possible?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
Tansu

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149209 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28469 Solutions

@tansu 

1 - Regardless of having switch up on your contract, if you don't use it, the phone is yours once you've paid for it. Yes, you have to commit to a new tariff with any upgrade.

2. You can set the contract length from anywhere between 3 to 36 months. Some phones offer 48 months!

3 . No idea about cost differences as we cannot see the details of what you have been offered, sorry,

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2