cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refurbed or repaired after 14 days

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know about this situation about repaired or refurbished handsets after 14 days? shorley not on when you pay for a brand new phone and then get given a refurbed unit within a month but you are still paying for the brand new phone. sure ofcom would have something to say about this as its not in 02's T&C

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed but I think with a month old phone trading standards would look at it in the right way you would hope anyway
Message 21 of 51

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

As I said earlier Damien, all they will get here is personal opinions, so they should come back after they have made their complaint to O2 and let us know how it went.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 22 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

just to make it clear cant text phone keeps freezing and press to call a contact it calls someone else. so in short not working as it should, so faulty, so as mentioned repair, replace refund at consumers choice not 02's.  as you can imagine getting a refurbished unit which 02 sells for less than half price this isnt on. if i had a 15 day old phone 02 say they would replace with a refurbished unit. see how much a hardly used phone on ebay will sell for i bet it will sell for a lot more than a refurbished phone

Message 23 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would suggest you approach trading standards with this
Message 24 of 51

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If the OP were serious about getting this sorted out they would be pursuing the various ways and doing just that, arguing the toss here isn't going to get it done.

I can assure you that Trading Standards are well aware of how O2 do business and are unlikely to show much interest, especially as you don't seen to have used the O2 complaint process yet which is a pre-requisite to taking this any further.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 25 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

read the comments fully, i know the complaints process, i have sent a email to complaints review services. as i mentioned earlier only posted on here as thought others might have gone through this and might be able to shed some light. this is where it gets too personal when others step in on here trying to back up 02 without knowing the full facts and yes i know my rights as i have already expressed. just waiting for 02 to respond but thanks for your none helpful comments. p.s no t&c on this which seems odd as that is the structure for any company to run on?

Message 26 of 51

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You say you understand, and yet you didn't know the difference between Ofcom and Trading Standards.

I don't take sides here and look at posts totally independemtly, but you need to understand how the complaints system works in order to get this resolved.

Blundering around here making accusations and informing O2 how they should run their business will not help.

If you were certain of your rights why are you asking forum members to support you and why are you so ill-informed?

You have your own ideas so I'll leave to figure out the solution as best you can!

Message 27 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

it isnt you who is out of pocket so you dont understand its me so of coarse im not going to be happy. if i was talking about a £100 probably wouldnt care so much but when you look at the facts £580 for a broken phone and 02's 14 day rule im sorry but i think most people would agree that is wrong. even 02's customer service team could see my point but their hands are tied by 02's rule.  im not saying how 02 should run their business, im pointing out consumer law. as for asking for support on here, im sorry but as i have already mentioned wanted to know if anyone else has had a issue and how they dealt with it. i thought thats what the forum was for? i certainly didnt ask someone to comment on how 02 is in the right.  i must have been in the right last time i was sorting something out on here as 02's complaints department gave me over £300 in compensation and a offer on one of my phones.  just because it wouldnt matter to you doesnt make you right. i remember your comments from before and it was the same 02 in favour comments but i still got it resolved in my favour so you must have been wrong that time as well.

Message 28 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope you get this sorted out with a new phone please let us know slight_smile
Message 29 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

just so you know in future you can complain to ofcom about a provider. they dont look at individual cases but monitor amount of complaints and will step in if they get alot of complaints.

Message 30 of 51