cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"WHY O2 IS FULL OF GAS"

Anonymous
Not applicable

In June my contract ended and I was waiting for the iphone 5 phone to come out.  I contacted O2 and spoke to a customer advisor who informed me of a simplicity deal from month to month for £26 a month.  I then had the option  either upgrade or continue with my rolling 30 day plan, which would give me the option to cancel my contract at any time.

I understood what the deal was but I got my brother who had worked in the phone business for nearly ten years to confirm as the deal sounded too good to be true.  My brother spoke to the the guy from O2 at great length confirming package contents how many minutes, text and data, how long would the deal be for and the possibility of upgrade when the new iphone 5 comes out..The sales person confirm exactly what he mention to me that I was not tied into another contact without a brand new phone.

Ok the iphone 5 came out, yippee... 
I was informed by my colleagues that I was entitled to NHS discount. from O2,Vodafone and Orange.. Well when I called the O2 for my upgrade, spoke to a lady called Debbie and asked for my NHS discount I was informed that I cannot get a NHS discount as they no longer do it until January 2013..I mentioned that if that is the case I would go to another network.. I was informed that I signed up to a 12 month contract and I would have to pay £175 to leave O2.

I did not agree to a 12 month contract and I mentioned this to her she promised that they will listen into the conversation and will call me back the next day.  I did not get a phone call from Debbie..Hmmm...

Today sunday I called to find out what had happen and why I didn't get the phone call.. I spoke to Francesca (very abrupt person ) told me that she does not know Debbie personally but  maybe she was sick or her children were sick and she would not be thinking of calling back a customer if that was the case (very unprofessional to tell a customer that).   We spent nearly 15 mins on I really don't know what ( Debbie and her personal problems). 

Anyway  I wanted to know what the outcome was on the telephone conversation in June.. I was informed by Francesca that regardless of the conversation, they sent an email that stated a 12 month contract.  I was upset so yet again I got my brother to speak to Francesca..
Francesca did not offer any result..we asked to speak to the supervisor she didn't get one, basically in short I was stuffed with the 12 month contract.  

First of all the the person on the other side of the phone miss represent your company O2.

My brother has been with O2 for over 10 years and brags about how great the customer service is.  Up onto this point I would have agreed with my brother as I have also been with O2 for many years.

We asked Francesca can we have the name of your supervisor, she wouldn't give it. We asked Francesca can we have an email address of the person we can raise my complaint to, we were  informed go to the website ( so you cannot give us an email address Francesca? she said go to the website to get the email address).  Does that sound like good customer service? I think not.  She could have been helpful to get us the email address.

Points to bear in mind

1.I was already on a £40 a month contract that had come to the end, why would I sign up for a sim only deal for a year with no phone, simply doesn't make sense.

2. It would also seem that O2 have no way to rectify their staff mistakes, from the conversation we had with Francesca she said it doesn't matter what the sales person says once we send you an email confirming your tariff it is down to you to disputed it or get on with it.

3. I found the above attitude "of the customer is always wrong" to be pretty offensive and upsetting after all I have been a customer for a many years and now it would seem I am simply a 12 month rolling contract (not eligible to my NHS discount).

In summary I could go on and complain about the reluctance of Francesca to furnish me with an email address or the details of somebody more senior than herself to complain to. I could go on and complain about her repetitive and condescending manner or even the fact that the al ledge recorded conversation that took place meant absolutely nothing when you have a complaint or query ( that's if the conversation is recoded at all).

That is why O2 is full of gas.

livia
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It does sound as if you were given the wrong deal, you may need this:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Keep it short and to the salient point that you were put on the wrong contract after having it all thoroughly explained on the phone.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

If going so far to make a complaint for being missold I'd personally ask for a transcript of the sales call (if that's an option).

Message 3 of 3