cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor service and communication

Anonymous
Not applicable

having received a text saying I was due an upgrade I went into my local Car Phone Warehouse to see. The guy rang O2. O2 said my number wasn't registered with them. As they had been billing me on that number for two years I knew it was a glitch. After many minutes on the phone O2 said they would sort it and call me to explain and confirm. I never received a call. I later spoke to Customer service and got no satisfaction so I sent a complaint. This morning I got an email saying the reply to my complaint had been sent to my registered email (the same as the one I got the message on) I had no idea what email they had sent the reply to so contacted Customer service. An operative found the reply and read it out to me over the phone. It did not answer my questions. She said I should email the address on the reply. I said I couldn't because I hadn't received the email. She said she would forward it "in the next few minutes". Over an hour later I again contacted contacted Customer service and got a different operative who couldn't find the email,appeared to have no clue as to what had happened and said all the managers were in a meeting.

My questions are these

1. Can I get a transcript of every phone conversation I have had with these people?

and

2. Is it worth staying with a company so incompetant or does anyone know a better one?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do believe phone calls are recorded so you can ask for one.

You an check out other networks via their Payg SIM cards to see if they give good signal. If your phones locked to O2 then unlock it via http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-an-o2-mobile-to-use-on-a-different-network

YOu can then take your number to a new network that provides good coverage by asking for a Pac Code.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

Is their any reason why you can't upgrade via your http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 ?

Or maybe print off a bill via your myo2 and take it to an o2 shop with ID such as a passport , driving licence and bank card and try to upgrade in store.

Carphone Warehouse cannot offer the Refresh Tariff either so your locked into a 24 month contract.

To add / look in any spam folders for the emails.
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

2. Is it worth staying with a company so incompetant or does anyone know a better one?

They are all as bad as each other and believe it or not, O2 usually comes out on top of customer satisfaction surveys wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Not much in difference between any mobile company. What you need to do is go with the provider that gives the best coverage in your area , work and home and base your decision on that.

Message 4 of 4