Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone stolen direct debit cancelled

ashley_hmd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have cancelled direct debit via bank and was wondering if o2 will just cancel contract and services as i have tried to do so via customer services but phone was stolen so i cant use app, phone has been paid for and is just for data and texts and minutes now. i just dont want any fees and i cant use customer services as its just all robots and no human contact, please just tell me if they will blacklist phone by cancelling direct debit and not charge me anything

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35781 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions
More info
More info

Hi@ashley_hmd - you do need to tell O2 the phone and SIM have been stolen, so they can block or disable the SIM.

Otherwise they will keep on trying to charge you, and if you didn't pay, they will refer you to Debt Collection agencies, affecting your Credit Rating.

Numbers to call, even from Skype on a PC or tablet, here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Use the Report Fraud option, 8am is a good time, to get through to a person.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35781 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions
More info
More info

Hi@ashley_hmd - you do need to tell O2 the phone and SIM have been stolen, so they can block or disable the SIM.

Otherwise they will keep on trying to charge you, and if you didn't pay, they will refer you to Debt Collection agencies, affecting your Credit Rating.

Numbers to call, even from Skype on a PC or tablet, here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Use the Report Fraud option, 8am is a good time, to get through to a person.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cancelling your direct debit does not cancel your contract

You need to cancel by phone and you will be sent a final bill

You will now have to pay that bill manually

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Message 3 of 3