cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 insurance

Anonymous
Not applicable
I broke the screen on my s6 edge so claimed on insurance however they are saying that my phone will be collected on Monday and It will be repaired or i will have a replacement delivered within 5 working days. however I have spoken to a few friends and family members and when they have made a claim through o2 insurance they have simply swapped the damaged phone for a new one with the courier. could anybody shed any light on this as I don't really want to go a week without a phone. I know you can get one from o2 shop for 25 deposit but they are basic phones that will be no use to me.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144192 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Check what the T&C's of your policy state and if a door step swap is offered call CS on 202 to arrange it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144192 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Check what the T&C's of your policy state and if a door step swap is offered call CS on 202 to arrange it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I've heard of both scenarios so maybe it's all about which insurance policy you've taken out, a cheaper one mightn't offer this. Do as suggested above and check your policy.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a great experience with O2 insurance and it was well worth me paying my £6 bolt on.  I had dropped my Nokia Lumia 930 and it started playing up.  They replaced it via doorstep swap.

The only gripe I have is that the one they replaced it with had a problem not working on speaker when making calls, people could not hear me.  However, they then swapped this one and I have made a call and it seems to work fine.  The funny thing was the first replacement was taped up all round with cling cellofane.  The one I've just received was wrapped like the original when out of the box.  Does this mean they sent me a reconditioned phone first time round and now have sent a genuine new one?

Otherwise very happy, excellent service and would definitely recommend.

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144192 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
I'm fairly sure all insurance replacements are refurbs but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I had the cheaper insurance on the wifes 6 edge but quickly found a cheaper policy online offering all the bells and whistles. However, i am away cheap is not necessarily the best. For us, we have old phones kicking around so waiting a week or more is not the end of the world. But you will pay more for the instant swap policies…
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 7