cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nano sim swap

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I am having trouble swapping my upgrade SIM card over to my new phone. My old sim is a standard one and I want to change the number over to use in an iphone 5 with a nano sim. I've done the sim swap thing online, twice and it says it will take up to 24 hours but the new iPhone isn't going over to O2 at all and I am just getting the "no service message". Also keep switching it off and back on as it says to, still nothing! I tried O2 chat today and the customer service person I got through to wasn't much help. I did the first on Friday online and have just done it again. Can anyone advise what's best to do? I may well just take it into an O2 shop tomorrow.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Try pressing the top power button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears and then let go, which is a soft resset.

Occasionally if the 02 Network is busy a sim swap can take a little longer than 24 hours. I had to wait just over 2 days a while back for a sim swap to fully complete.

Its possible your nano sim is faulty or the iphone is having issues.

Has the service on your original phone/sim now stopped ?

Ring 02 and ask them to check your account.

Live Chat has its uses for general queries but not for account and upgrades etc.

If all else fails I would ;

a, Get a new blank nano sim and try again.

b, Book a Genius Bar appointment at my local Apple store to get the unit checked over.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Try pressing the top power button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears and then let go, which is a soft resset.

Occasionally if the 02 Network is busy a sim swap can take a little longer than 24 hours. I had to wait just over 2 days a while back for a sim swap to fully complete.

Its possible your nano sim is faulty or the iphone is having issues.

Has the service on your original phone/sim now stopped ?

Ring 02 and ask them to check your account.

Live Chat has its uses for general queries but not for account and upgrades etc.

If all else fails I would ;

a, Get a new blank nano sim and try again.

b, Book a Genius Bar appointment at my local Apple store to get the unit checked over.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, will try that. No the other phone is still reading my old sim and Ive done the swap twice now. I would have taken it in to the O2 shop today but I've caught a lovely sickness bug from my kids. Will do that tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your very welcome Katie.

Another process is to give the nano sim a wipe over too.

I'm girds?ng it's a delay by the network.

Please update / resolve your thread when your sorted.

Have a good day.
Message 4 of 4