cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone is barred but by who and why ??

Anonymous
Not applicable

started just over 24 hrs ago, went to use phone silly little icon on bar signal top left hand side. So checked on line, said that there was a mast in my postcode area down...ok... So went to local o2 shop, had it looked at said no nothing to do with Mast, its faulty, tried sims its faulty..cam home, chatted to guro online, said its not faulty its the mast...............now perplexed....been using it 13 months trouble free

Ok so next morning, still no signal cant txt or rings or incoming .......so go into o2 shop again, ask if anyone else has a problem locally as my hubby, father in law, son  and friends in the same postcode, have no problems just me....so they delve deeper, had my phone from new, pay as you go, in credit and just topped up on the 17th, why oh why the clanger wait for it, it has a bar on it?????hmm now Im getting stressed, headache in a busy shop, so the chap helping, rings up somewhere explains,  then ask a few questions via me, then get the clear to say they will lift the bar, as there is no reason or code I guess reading on other posts, its not reported stolen or lost,  I have had it from new in a sealed box, so why oh why i am having this to deal with I do not know. Just had a chat with another Guro online, I want answers....told it could take up to 24 hrs, I guess for someone to flip a switch,I want to know why my phone is barred,been with o2 for donkeys years is it human error wrong digit put in the system...told to ring 08448471420 they will lift the bar, but I dont want to ring this number costs too much with tiscali.but I was told today in the shop it was lifted wait and turn my phone on and off, ok its not 24 hrs yet but I need my phone yesterday, my sons school if they need to get me in an emergency they cant now ....this is really annoying now....why me.............

Message 1 of 93
92 REPLIES 92

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:heads will roll..I owe no money, as I only pay £5 a month top up via voucher, and my phone has not been stolen or reported lost......so I want answers now.........

I shouldn't laugh, but this made me smile - go get 'em !! Bouncy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 21 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

My personal advice @Anonymous is get a manager involved, during that departments working hours. If it was placed in error, there is no reason why the department wouldn't lift the bars. As for the code, the person that placed the bars could have forgotten it, doesn't mean necessarily it was placed in error, and that may be the reason why they havent been lifted. Like I said, a manager is the best and fastest solution. They will not leave it until It's resolved.

Message 22 of 93

Cleoriff
  • 124140 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:heads will roll..I owe no money, as I only pay £5 a month top up via voucher, and my phone has not been stolen or reported lost......so I want answers now.........

I shouldn't laugh, but this made me smile - go get 'em !! Bouncy

Must admit to a bit of a giggle myself.... £5.00 a month via top up voucher....and the phone has been barred? Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont use the phone for idle chit chat, £5 a month 1000 mins or 1000 txt Im lucky if I use it ,apart from the school contacting me in an emergency when my son has a asthma attack at school, this feels like big brother, I am going back to o2 in the morning, as i am sick of talking to people on the phone, the man in o2 who helped me in the wk, will have a shock that its not back on, as he was convinced it would be, I cried in front of lots of people in the shop, not because im a whimp, but i feel so annoyed and frustrated ...I want to throttle the person, who has done this to me....

Message 24 of 93

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont use the phone for idle chit chat, £5 a month 1000 mins or 1000 txt Im lucky if I use it 

What is your typical monthly usage of your phone....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 25 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi out of the 1000 mins or texts I probably use 50 texts if that a month, and 5 mins at a push mins...it is purely for the school my hubby to contact me..  well the result for going into the shop about an hr ago, noticed it was open Sundays, so have just seen the man who helped me the other day, cant praise him enough, he has tried to get to the bottom of this, result today not a lot apart from they are still investigating matters, I have now paid via check mend for a report, its clean my phone from any fraud, stolen, lost.  its clean just  currently blocked by a network operator. It has apparently been elevated to the next level, because they dont know the reasons why its barred...will find out more tuesday, and have now put my sim card in an old phone for time being...so I at least can be contacted on it, even if i dont use it..

Message 26 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

where did u get that phone just out of curiosity ?

Message 27 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brand new sealed in the box from  ebay, the report it comes back clean, just currently blocked had it since April 4th 2014..I have onbly ever been with o2...

Message 28 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

And is ur sim card working in another phone?

Message 29 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi yes my hubby can ring me and I can txt and make calls...

Message 30 of 93