Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost my sim card

MrHaitch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all need a little help here on deciding if i should pay my bills... whats going on is i lost my simcard all my I.D and have moved to a new house. i spoke to live chat and asked if they could help me and send a new simcard out.. but becouse of my adress being difrent they could not send it to there soo.. to change my address they have to send a 4 digit pin out to my number but if i havent got my simcard how is this possiable.. i went into the 02 shop and asked if they could get me new simcard they said not unless i have photographic I.D.. now i had on me at the time letters from my bank my new tenancy agreement and a letter from the D.W.P they would not except this.. now what should i do? im really considering not paying them.. why should i pay for my contract if i cant use it... why should i pay for my contract if there not willing to help me get a new sim card or even change my address.. they ask for my security details over a phone or live chat but cant change my address. i have mental health issues and this is all stressing me out to the highest level i feel they have no respect for there customers and are not willing to help in any way possible but stil expect me to pay. this needs to be sorted because it may happen to someone else.. im really upset at the way i have been treated please anyone with some answers on what i should do please let me know.

Thanks Chris

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Best of luck.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@MrHaitch Your frustration with the situation is understandable, but if you don't sort this out, and stop paying your bill without a care for your credit rating, you will find that you have more on your plate than the problems with O2. If a negative mark from O2 is on your credit file you won't get a phone from any provider, and you will have problems in all areas of your life that check your credit for payments. This negative mark can stay on your file for six years. You'd be well advised to get this problem settled and try to deal with it in a rational, not emotional way. Good luck. I hope you can get this resolved quickly.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 12