cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leaving 02 as the signal is no good

Anonymous
Not applicable

my contract runs out on may12th what will be the penalty for leaving early,and how much notice do i have to give

Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Under normal circumstances you would have to give 30 days notice. To cancel now you need to pay off the remainder of your contrct ie. months remaining times monthly tariff.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Under normal circumstances you would have to give 30 days notice. To cancel now you need to pay off the remainder of your contrct ie. months remaining times monthly tariff.

Message 2 of 24

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
The number of months left multiplied by your basic line rental. 30 days notice required but as you are paying up early just cancel your account and the 30 day period will be added as part of your severance bill.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the signal bad everywhere or just in your area?

I don't know if you have heard of an app called TUGo that O2 are currently trialling - it will allow you to make calls and stuff from your WiFi connection at home so it will certainly solve the signal issue for you if it is just at home. It is set to come out very soon!

Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is the signal bad everywhere or just in your area?

I don't know if you have heard of an app called TUGo that O2 are currently trialling - it will allow you to make calls and stuff from your WiFi connection at home so it will certainly solve the signal issue for you if it is just at home. It is set to come out very soon!

Can you give us an actual date

Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you give us an actual date

I wish I knew!

Testing is taking longer than expected and I'm not even getting to test it 😞

Message 6 of 24

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Same here 😞 We've been promised this app for well over a year now (even longer if you include it's predecessor that didn't make it to market).....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 24

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

There must be an awful lot of problems with it. O2 connect was in beta testing for over 12 months and never made the light of day, being superceded by the TuGo app which again has been in testing for months. Maybe this isn't the solution to everyones' problems?

Message 8 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

maybe it has been too over hyped & not worth the blueprint its on but hopefully it will turn out sooner rather than never

Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone else noticed when you go into recent charges it says it normally takes 12 hours for calls to appear but maybe longer for international and Tu go calls so its definitely coming

Message 10 of 24