cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just had a text saying thanks for topping up when i haven't i now have £10 more credit

Anonymous
Not applicable

just had a text saying thanks for topping up when i haven't i now have £10 more credit

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92914 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Looks like someone has made an error and entered your number instead of their own when topping up.

Bonus! The credit will remain on your phone as O2 won't remove it to return it. Unfortunate for the person topping up but one man's loss is another's gain as they say....

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 92914 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Looks like someone has made an error and entered your number instead of their own when topping up.

Bonus! The credit will remain on your phone as O2 won't remove it to return it. Unfortunate for the person topping up but one man's loss is another's gain as they say....

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

i usually top up using my debit card, was wondering if someone has somehow accesed it. as i am not part of the o2 auto top up

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 92914 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I shouldn't worry about that. If someone had access to your debit card details, the last thing they would do is top up your phone to alert you. It's a genuine error by someone topping up a number similar to your number.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's a first I've come across from a post on the Community Forum.

A plus for you and a negative if someone has made an error. Hope that person gets some help themselves if they contact O2 customer services and advise of the number they've topped up in error (if that's the case)
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It happens quite often - just be grateful lol slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It may have been a relative? I used to do this frequently for my son and daughter-in-law when they were struggling financially...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7