Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
All you'll get by asking that question is personal preference. For me it's the S3 and for others it will be the iPhone. The questions you should be asking yourself are what do you want to do with the phone, do you want to customise and make it personal, do you want to be tied to an OS with no flexibility, do you want to be at the mercy of iTunes, do you want to pay extortionate amounts of money for a "badge" etc.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
All you'll get by asking that question is personal preference. For me it's the S3 and for others it will be the iPhone. The questions you should be asking yourself are what do you want to do with the phone, do you want to customise and make it personal, do you want to be tied to an OS with no flexibility, do you want to be at the mercy of iTunes, do you want to pay extortionate amounts of money for a "badge" etc.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 18

GrahamF
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 138 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

which one is better what do you perfer?

haha, shall I start this one off guys..............?? wink

isheep iphone 5 - overpriced/inflated contract tariffs/restricted/pay for every app, song, etc...../scratches easy so needs a cover/everything goes through i-tunes so Apple can control everything you do!/did I mention overpriced.....

ANY Samsung Galaxy - correctly priced/reasonable tariffs/usually free handset/Android OS so totally free & unrestricted/easily customisable/most apps are free/ you can download anything how YOU want & when YOU want/and they aren't overpriced......

anybody else............. Smiley LOL

Everything will be OK in the end. If it isn't OK, then it's not the end!!
Message 3 of 18

GrahamF
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 138 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

OK, so MI5 beat me to it.......................... but only just! Smiley Very Happy

Everything will be OK in the end. If it isn't OK, then it's not the end!!
Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
wink

Currently using:
Message 5 of 18

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6964 Solutions

Having both an iphone and a S3 to me there is no comparison, S3 beats it hands down.

I only have iphone 4 so unless the 5 is an enormous step up from the 4, I stand by my opinion.

Message 6 of 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Having both an iphone and a S3 to me there is no comparison, S3 beats it hands down.

I only have iphone 4 so unless the 5 is an enormous step up from the 4, I stand by my opinion.

Something akin to a religious conversion then jonsie! Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 18

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6964 Solutions

To be honest I was never an Apple fanboy and found the phone to be much overrated. Disappointment was really my overall experience.

Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I HATE apple and there stalin stance on the electronic world. 

Feel I should stop here lol

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

As MI5 said, it will be down to what you want to do with the phone.

The S3 is a very nice phone and video playback is excellent. I didn't like the large screen, but they are bringing out a smaller 4" that is more to my liking.

I personally will choose the iPhone, but that is because I actually like Apple's wall garden approach. I believe there will be less rogue apps in Apple's store due to apps needing Apple's approval.

Also you are guaranteed to receive all new OS updates for at least 2 years with an iPhone, but not necessarily all new functionality (typically after 1 year).

Message 10 of 18