cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idiots at 02 linked my 2 02 numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable

i signed up via live chat for a second contract a couplwe of days ago the idiot that did it has used the email i have for my first number to sign me up to my 02 with linking the two accounts now all the bills are showing up on the my02 app on the new phone and canot find anywhere how to unlink them they both haver seperate 02 account numbers already checked kind rep on live chat gave me advise i could pay off contract and change to payg yh right pay £408 for their mistake please please can someone help

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous sorry we cant. You need to speak to customer services and ask them to sort this out http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edited to add they are open from 8am tomorrow...call them between 8-8.30. They should be able to help

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous sorry we cant. You need to speak to customer services and ask them to sort this out http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edited to add they are open from 8am tomorrow...call them between 8-8.30. They should be able to help

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

ive tried live chat customer servces endless times today no help whatsoever apart from being told you can always take it 02 shop ansd cancel contract as you are with in 14 days even though i have used phone seriously considering it now its showing the same flipping bill for both numbers

Message 3 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Live Chat is unfortunately unreliable. Your best option is to call customer service in the morning.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There is no way to unlink the accounts from your My O2 but they are still separate contracts so they are not tied together.
You can still pay off one contract individually if you wish.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You cannot cancel a contract from a store. You need to call customer service as advised

Message 6 of 10

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Standard practice to 'link' customers lines under one account.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Idiots is a bit strong. These are people just like ourselves trying to do their job and earn a living. OK sometimes they mess up but call them, more than once if necessary, they should be able to unlink the accounts without having to start over.

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There's no mistake made here at all and it won't cost over £400 to transfer thr original account to PAYG unless there is that much originally outstanding on it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions