Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone WiFi Calling Won’t Enable

RobAtPightley
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife’s iPhone 7 will not enable on WiFi calling. I’ve been through the same loop with O2 at least 6 times and have visited their local store, all to no avail. It’s really frustrating as we have no O2 mobile signal at home and my wife is not getting any value for her £26 per month fee.

Here’s the symptoms:

We go through the process of enabling WiFi calling on the iPhone settings only to told at the end by a pop up that WiFi Calling needs to be enabled on the account.

We engage O2 customer support who tell us that they will turn on WiFi calling and then it will work within the next 24 hours and to keep turning the phone off and on.

24 hours comes and go. 24 days come and go but still the same.

There is one suspicious issue that I have tried to tell O2 that my be blocking the enablement and that is revealed on the iPhone App MyO2. If I select View all settings on the bottom of the first page of the App and then select Device Connection, the app loads the data for a previous phone of my wife’s, a Nokia Lucia 630.

Now this device would not support WiFi calling so O2, could it be this that continually blocks the WiFi calling setting on the account?

Please help as, as I say, we are paying £26 per month since November last year and cannot make or receive calls from home.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@RobAtPightley 

Customer service will need to change the device in the account if it's not updated.

You'll also need to ask for iData to be enabled on the account Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2