cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i used to get a free upgrade ,now i have to pay for my upgrade not a happy man

Anonymous
Not applicable

not happy been with o2 for over 15 years and always had a free upgade,which i thought was for loyalty,now i find that i have to pay for my upgrade i.e £360 over 24 months for a galaxy s111 which is'nt even the latest model ..i.am not happy but tied into this contract now so nothing i can do 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

o2 operate a fair deal policy where both existing and new customers are offered the same deals.

Loyalty is a thing of the past sadly.

Sometimes the independants give slightly better deals.

Speed to Refresh is an option.

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/refresh/frequent-questions/fast-track

When does your current contract end ?

Message 2 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

not happy been with o2 for over 15 years and always had a free upgade,which i thought was for loyalty,now i find that i have to pay for my upgrade i.e £360 over 24 months for a galaxy s111 which is'nt even the latest model ..i.am not happy but tied into this contract now so nothing i can do 

You're only tied in as much as you wanted to be, there is no requirement for you to update at all.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point Perksie.

OP you could sell your current phone and buy one sim free or on o2 payg or from places like CEX, and simply pop your contract sim in it.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good suggestion
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
I'm afraid free upgrades are a thing of the past unless you are paying a high tariff. Some good suggestions here.
Message 6 of 6