cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hidden vat cost

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’d like to ask about the hidden vat cost on my bill please.

After upgrading, I was led to believe the internet use and tariff would total £16.00 p/m. I’m on my second bill now, and each has been over £18.00 due to “vat”. This wasn’t the case on my last contract. Why wasn’t this made clear during the upgrade process?

Whilst it’s not a lot of money, the way O2 have gone about it is pretty dishonest!

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Oo I'm sorry I obviously ignored that this is the first bill:(

Ignore me:)

The maths but was accurate though:) haha
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 21 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93192 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 22 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I'll hangfire untill then.

Thanks again for all your time!

Message 23 of 29

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

We'll hope to see it's all ok next month.:smileyhappy:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 24 of 29

MiamiGuy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 60 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

One thing O2 do not hide is VAT. It is clear and also broken down for you on the bills.

If your bill is higher than your tariff and bolt on, it will be because you go over your allowance, make chargeable calls or texts or you have pro rata charging due to tariff changes etc.

Since working for the company, 6 years ago I have yet to see an incorrect or overcharge on a customers bill.

I do however believe the bills could look a little easier to be less confusing.

I'm a Telefónica UK (O2) employee but post in a personal capacity. As such, views are my own and not those of the company.
Message 25 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MiamiGuy, 

Careful with statements like that or you may find you get torn to shreds by customers that have been. 

I have been overcharged a few times and a quick call has sorted it but it does happen. What is your role at O2?

Message 26 of 29

MiamiGuy
  • 60 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

I am not saying it doesnt happen. I am saying I have never witnessed an incorrect bill in my 6 years at o2. However, there are other o2 employees who may have had some.

I'm a Telefónica UK (O2) employee but post in a personal capacity. As such, views are my own and not those of the company.
Message 27 of 29

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@MiamiGuy wrote:

I am not saying it doesnt happen. I am saying I have never witnessed an incorrect bill in my 6 years at o2. However, there are other o2 employees who may have had some.

Is that the same as saying that you have never known a challenge to a bill to succeed? slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 28 of 29

MiamiGuy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 60 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

I get those challenges every day. And every customer is entitled to challenge their bill if it doesnt seem right. Unfortunately, I have not had any that have came back as incorrect. But again, this does not mean it doesnt happen with other folk.

Message 29 of 29