Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

end of contract/o2 refresh

linnyloo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I came to the end of a contract I had with O2 via carphone warehouse back in September. Only recently I received a letter telling me I was being switched to O2 Refresh as my handset was obviously paid off and now it'll work out cheaper, almost half the price. This came into effect last month so June is my first cheaper payment. So for the past 6 or so months I've still been paying for a handset that was paid off. Am I entitled to this money back or as a form of credit?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

No you won't @linnyloo 

A contract taken out through a third party such as CPW is not a Refresh contract and you would normally carry on paying the full fixed tariff until you end the contract

Only ontracts that are taken out directly from O2 are Refresh contracts.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

No you won't @linnyloo 

A contract taken out through a third party such as CPW is not a Refresh contract and you would normally carry on paying the full fixed tariff until you end the contract

Only ontracts that are taken out directly from O2 are Refresh contracts.

Message 2 of 4

linnyloo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Fair enough, so even though I was fully paid (overpaid even) on my original contract from O2 via CPW that finished in Sept 2019 and it took O2 6 months to contact me to switch me over to their own O2 Refresh, I'm not due anything? The 6 months of payments I was making after my contract was ended comes to something over £120.
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Unfortunately not which is why the Refresh contract has the advantage over contracts from other retailers.

The only chance of anything back is if you call them and they may give a goodwill gesture.

Many customers get caught out in this way when keeping on with contracts for longer than the minimum period when buying into what look like better deals sourced elsewhere.

Not what you want to hear, sorry slight_frown

Message 4 of 4