Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data usage

DFW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a 2GB plan and was running out of data so bought a 4GB top up. Within hours of this I noticed I could get a better deal by swapping to a 5GB plan, which I did. I was updated and told I have 9GB of data that would run out on 3rd Jan (for the main) and 3rd Feb (for the top up).  I watched the strictly final on BBCiplayer (not all as I only waych the dances and 1 Judge). I also watched about 30 mins of the Prime video live football. When I checked later this evening I was told I hav 1.06 GB of data left! Anyone any ideas how that can be? Is there something I should be turning off/on?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Streaming can easily use huge amounts of data. Have a look at the data settings on your phone to check just what has used all your data. It should give you a breakdown of each app and that will allow you to see if anything accounts for your usage.

Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@DFW To add to what @jonsie has said about streaming, your phone may have been updating apps in the background, or you may have had Facebook Messenger open, which is a real resource hog. I know you can set Android phones to only update over WiFi. Not sure about iPhones.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Also check what resolution or standard the streaming was using. HD and above will quickly eqt through your data.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 4