Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant receive calls

Riku
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We have two iPhones on o2.  Since Friday 8 May neither phone can receive calls reliably.  Calls go straight to voicemail, there is a message saying the phone is busy or it goes to a femail asian sounding voice talking nonsense.  Occasionallly the phone answers normally.  We checked the network status (FY6) and it said there was a fault on the mast being sorted.  We registered for updates by text and as of this morning, Tuesdqy 12 May, have not received an update.  I checked the network status on the website an hour ago and it says everythijng is normal.  On checking the phones we still have the same fault.  There does not seem to be any way to contact o2 directly.  Can anyone help, please?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Riku 

I think you mean May not July?

Anyway all O2 contact numbers are in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Have you tried cleaning the simcards and rebooting the phones since the mast  was supposedly rectified @Riku 

Message 3 of 5

Riku
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for this.  I had rebooted one phone with no success.  Since then we have had a message saying the fault should be fixed.  I then took the SIM out of one of the phones  and have had 5/5 success.  I havent done anything to the other phone and have had 7/8 success.  Perhaps there needed to be a sofware reset which triggered the messages?  What would wiping the SIM do - it seems strange that two would go at the same time.  Anyway the problem appears to have been resolved.  Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You sometimes get static built up on the sim cards but fingers crossed things are ok now.

Message 5 of 5