cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot send text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I topped my phone up £10.00 on the 24th March, I got my 1000 texts, 150 minutes and 50mb of data. I recieved a text from O2 a few days before I topped my phone saying that I could get £2.00 free credit if I topped up before the 25th March. My texts were working fine untill this morning. I have over 950 texts and cannot use them at all ever since i recieved this £2.00 free credit, I have been using the free credit for sending text messages. I have tried everything from restarting my phone to taking my sim card out and still cannot send a single text message even though I have these free texts! can someone help me please?! other wise, I have topped my phone up for nothing.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Can you make/receive calls and receive texts?

Check for local problems using your postcode here : Service Status

When is your anniversary date for allowances?

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Do you mean you topped up on 24th Feb as it's only 25th March now....?
If so your months allowance will have finished and you'll need to top up again to renew your allowances.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

no. I topped up on the 24th March.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can make and recieve calls and recieve texts.

I dont have an anniversary date, I just top up my phone whenever I have th emoney, no specific date, but my allowance will not run out until 24th April. I try top up every month.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Check the message centre number in the message app settings is correct.
It should be +447802092035 (exactly like this).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous do you have any updates on this?
Message 7 of 7