Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

airtime charges

ian60
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

at present I am paying £12.40 per calender month for airtime, i now looking at upgrading my phone, what i've noticed that the phone i'd like to buy has an airtime of £19.00 per calender month, i would like to continue to use 02, as I've got another two phones (sons) on my contract, but I'd just like someone to help me understand the disparity, it is slightly putting me off purchasing through 02

can anybody help 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Has the phone you have picked got a higher Airtime than yours now, for the same data/mins/txts? 

Sometimes the Airtime goes up if the phone is a more expensive model and the term you choose is short (12mths vs 24, for example). 

Also you may find it is cheaper to get an Airtime tariff with more data than you have, @ian60- you have to play with the O2 customizer feature, just to see where your preferred tariff and O2's sweet-spot are.

Also factor in any bonuses available to you - family or double-data bolt-ons, for example. Compare with an independent site that still provides O2, eg mobilephonesdirect. 

Good luck! 

Message 2 of 2