Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong tariff showing on my o2

Jenny202
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I recently bought a tariff that had 3GB of data and unlimited calls and texts. When I first logged onto myo2 everything was fine but I have just looked today after transferring my number across and my data has changed down to 1GB data allowance! All the live chats are busy every time I try and use it on the app, but I definitely got the plan with 3GB as 1 is not enough!! I’ve made that mistake before! Please can someone help me with this! I don’t understand why it is has changed?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Kat
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Was the contract done with Carphone warehouse?

I’ve noticed that sometimes if this is the case then the app will show the tariff excluding the extra data bolt on. So for example if you were sold a 3GB tariff intact it’s a 1GB tariff with a 2GB data bolt on and the app will show 1GB but will let you use 3GB if that makes sense
signature

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Jenny202 

It may now be a bolt on Guide: Where is my discount or Extra Data? 

If not, you'll need to call customer service Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

O2Kat
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Unfortunately due to the current situation the web chat service is down.

If you log into MyO2 through your web browser and select my documents your updated contract with the correct airtime should be in there. If it’s not then then unfortunately it will need a call to customer service to rectify, please be aware that call time will be a bit longer than normal.

The app does take a bit of time to update and it may flick from the old tariff to the new for the next 30 days.
signature
Message 3 of 8

Jenny202
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your reply! I’m just confused though as when I was paying for it the tariff said 3GB on it, then there was a note too that said o2 would give me 2 extra GB on top of my tariff, so really I was expecting 5GB
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Jenny202

That will be 1 + 2gb to get the 3gb.

Check your bolt ons as I said above.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

O2Kat
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I’ve noticed that sometimes if this is the case then the app will show the tariff excluding the extra data bolt on. So for example if you were sold a 3GB tariff intact it’s a 1GB tariff with a 2GB data bolt on and the app will show 1GB but will let you use 3GB if that makes sense
signature
Message 6 of 8

Jenny202
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes it was Carphone warehouse. Oh I see that’s annoying and cheeky! Thanks for your help
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@O2Kat wrote:

As I said twice already.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8