Did you mean: 

Wrong Network showing on phone

A1Dan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I've recently bouight a Huawei P30 Pro on 02, switching from EE.  When the phone first arrived, before my number had ported over, I put my old EE Sim card in, so that I could contine with the same number until the switch.  The switch went through on Tuesday, and I've now got the O2 Sim card in, and all seems fine, except... The status bar still shows EE. 

If I go into Settings > About Phone > Status it also says EE is the network, my phone number is unknown and it says mobile data is disconnected, none of which is right.

If I go into Settings > Mobile Network > Mobile Data > Network Provider, it says preferred network is EE.  If I deselect Automatic, the only network with a tick against it is O2 - UK 4G.  Trying to connect to EE doesn't work, that old account is definitely dead.

None of this is causing any real problem, but it's annoying!  Any ideas?

Thanks

Aidan

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@A1Dan 

Try rebooting with flight mode on.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122386 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@A1Dan 

It may be as systems are running slow, they just haven't caught up yet. (Particularly with O2)

If it doesn't update soon then contact customer services from the numbers in this link

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@A1Dan 

Try rebooting with flight mode on.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

A1Dan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh wow, that worked, thanks MI5!

Well, it still doesn't know my number in the phone status page, but I've got 02 - UK in my status bar now, which was the main thing!

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There's no number written to your SIM so it won't show in the menu.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5