cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would someone please check my understanding of the contract cancellation process, thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read all the way through the How-To on cancelling your contract, but as that is supposed to be *only* a useful How-To I didn't want to make it even longer by adding this to it ...

I was left confused by the limited information on the O2 website, but the How-To is very informativee and gives a good awareness of what I need to do and also some things to watch out for.

So firstly, my sincere thanks to MI5 for clear and concise replies there that I found very helpful, and also to others answering/advising with further useful pointers and info..

Secondly, would someone more knowledgeable than I kindly take a minute to check that my understanding of my own best steps is correct? I would be most grateful!

So then ...

I have 5 months left on a 24-month o2 Refresh plan/contract, and want to move to a different Network. I will be Getting a new phone in the process, and will be keeping my existing number.

1.     From the How-To I believe that if I pay off the small remaining amount on the phone-cost element I can then cancel the service-contract element ... and that this will result in a charge based upon a notional 30-day notice period NOT for the full 5 months service remaining. Am I correct?

(I notice that on more than a few occasions however O2 has nevertheless sent a final bill that has included a charge for the entirety of the serice contract period remaining, and that this is something to keep an eye open for!)

2.     As I want to keep my number, I understand that I will not need to give formal 30-day notice of cancellation because using the PAC number will automatically trigger the cancellation and a final bill will be generated accordingly. (Again, should only cover a short service period relating to the appropriate final dates, not the full run of the service contract. Am I correct on this too? 

3     If anything in the cancellation process has changed since the How To was put together, and there are any tips or hidden issues that someone thinks might now be additionally beneficial to know about, I'd welcome any forther advice.

Thanks!

Howard

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hi Howard.
You are correct on both points.
As you say, Lee your eye on your final bill as it should only be 1 months airtime after you’ve paid the device plan.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hi Howard.
You are correct on both points.
As you say, Lee your eye on your final bill as it should only be 1 months airtime after you’ve paid the device plan.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Keep your eye on your final bill, is what I meant to say, not Lee as my phone autocorrected to.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much?

And also, from now on I will stop calling bills "Williams" (they are tool significant for just a casula "Bill" anyway, don't you think?) and instead call them Lees ... like, "I had another damn Lee in the post this morning, can't believe it is the end of another month so soon!!!"

Regards,

Howard

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
! not ? .... same autocorrect bug maybe. lol
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, those damn Lee’s lol

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6