cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woah, woah, woah... you went and did what?!!

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

So, inserting one of my sims into a phone today to check something and I quickly notice I have no data connection, do the usual steps to get it running and still nothing. So i try to call one of my other lines.. "all your calls are currently being diverted..."

What the actual f...?!

Now I got an email a few weeks ago about this line and I initially read it as "you've spent £32 on your account this month so we're stopping you making payments via your phone bill" fair enough, the limit is around 30 quid so I can live with that (I bought a game btw) 

But no, on re-reading this email, o2 had actually cut me off !

That's right, for using a service o2 provides, they cut me off and demanded immediate payment.

Let me get this straight, o2 advertises and partners with companies that allow payment via your phone for games etc, but if you do it, they can just outright cut your line?

I'm pretty sure that:

1. That's breach of contract.

2. You had sure as sh!7 better not try and charge me airtime during this period.

Absolutely fuming at this.

Screenshot_20180717-145756_Gmail.jpg

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23092 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

I know you love a good fight, @viridis, but don't get yourself into a situation where your credit rating takes a knock, or they send the debt collectors around. You know how ruthless O2 are when it comes to these kinds of issues.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 16

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35948 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions
Incandescent, I'd say... Best of luck getting it sorted, @viridis!
Message 12 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
The other question is that if you have paid this by DD already why is it not reconnected?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 16

pgn
  • 35948 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
The other question is that if you have paid this by DD already why is it not reconnected?

Is there a limit on how much *more* can be taken on a DD? 

Ie if monthly DD is £32, but a game costs £30, would your bank permit a DD for £62 on that month? If so, this could be why O2 have asked for payment - but it does raise all sorts of questions wrt. charging stuff to your phone via the monthly bill for services. 

Message 14 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144393 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Companies can take any amount they want from a DD provided that they give the customer 14 days notice. Hence the reason why the bill is generated 2 weeks before the DD is taken.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 16

pgn
  • 35948 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions
Thanks, @MI5. Not sure why O2 create such a fuss then...? Not like they won't be able to get the money... 😣
Message 16 of 16